Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2015

Kids of the woods

hey guys what's up?
I' m so busy right now, university, work and travelling from Saarbrücken to Lux and back twice a week is quite exhausting.
Two weeks ago I worked again with the kids as I work as animatrice in summer, christmas and easter holidays. This time I participated in a colony with unfortunately 12/20 kids but it was fun. On thuesday I got up early and packed a few stuff I forgot the day before. At 8 o´clock I met my other mates Michel and Sharon who participated as well. There we waited for the kids and got on the road around 9 o´clock. The colony took place in a  little forest house near Huelmes (L).
My stuff for the week

We arrived there around 10 and first we had to walk to our little house which was located in the woods quite high on a ´mountain´. YEAH! some ass-some training. The kiddies weren´t that amused.



When we arrived we showed them their rooms, the kitchen, baathroom and so on. The most important things for them were. WHERE ARE THE TOYS? haha well yep they are kids and love to play. While they checked out the area and got their stuff into their rooms. We (the animateurs) were already planning the day which consisted of playing with the kiddies & so we did.
In the evening we had dinner and afterwards we were sitting around a campfire. We talked and played.
our chalet in the woods
Second day:
I was very motivated and went for a morning run at 6:20 a.m and yep I ran downhill aaaaaand uphill. Then it was time to wake the sweeties up and to do breakfast! After breakfast they had some freetime and at 11 o´clock we went on a little hike through the woods and the weather was awsome!! We went to a source in the woods where we had a barbecue and played with the kids. Around 5 o clock we went back and they showered  & we had dinner. The highlight of the day we made marshmallows with a buttercooki on a campfire &  we had an oppenair cinema :) They were soooo happy. We watched Shrek I.

Third day:
The third day was something special because we had dinner in a castle but the kids didn´t know. First we got up had breakfast and then they had again some time to play. Yes the love playing ! Meanwhile I always picked two of them to do their pick-nick for lunch. Then at 11 o´clock we made a little walk to a very beautiful place and had lunch :) We went to ponds where Josy a very friendly man told the kids about ponds, water plants, insects and other little water animals who live there. Then we had 1 our to ´fish´our own little farm :D We found tapdoles and a lot of other animals. The kids were really enthusiastic. Around 5 o´clock we went through the woods to our castle. But before dinner the kids had the possibility to play :) Then we had dinner and celebrated two kids birthdays. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY) The were really happy cause each of them got a cake :D At 7:30 p.m we went back to our chalet and they went to bed.



Fourth day:
We had to get up really early because we had to take the bus. We went to the artificial lake in Lultzhausen (L) to do some canoe with the kids. I think I was much more excited than the kids. haha I just love this place and I love doing watersports :) (thanks to my amazing boyfriend who works there in summer :D) Sharon and I we paddled on a sit on top, Michel on a Kajak and the kids were with two other leaders from SNJ on the canoe. When we arrived we a little workshop in the woods but unfortunately it was very bad... and the weather wasn´t really nice. ( it rained) But hey we are not made of sugar ;) haha. at 4 o´clock we paddled back and returned to our chalet were we had pancakes and a yummi veggie soup. After dinner we had a little board game evening with the kids.




just love this place! Lultzhausen


Fifth day:
This was the last day of our amazing colony with all the sweet kiddies :) We packed our bags and drove back to Luxcity  train station were the parents picked uo the kids.


I hope you enjoyed reading this post:)